Welcome to our 4 star Bed & Breakfast in Appleby. Whether you are a walker a cyclist, or simply a visitor to our beautiful Eden Valley, we aim to make your visit as warm and welcoming as possible. We have a boot room with shower & secure cycle storage.
The Hollies is a cosey Victorian home which has been tastefully modernised for the 21st century, while keeping or adapting most original features.
We have two rooms, one double, and one twin/double, each with en-suite shower room. Furnished in traditional style with bed, wardrobe and dressing table, our rooms offer beautiful views of the hills and 3 acres of surrounding gardens and woods, which you are free to explore.
Our Bed & Breakfast rooms are both on the first floor up the sweeping Victorian staircase. If you need a room on ground floor level, we suggest you book the ground floor of our self-catering cottage. Please ring to let us know your requirements.
Each room comes with hospitality tray, HD TV with freeview and WiFi internet access. We look forward to welcoming you to our home.
Here at The Hollies, we offer a delicious cooked breakfast full of locally sourced ingredients.
What’s in your Westmorland Breakfast?
- Cereals, Alpen and fruit juice to start
- Gloucester Old Spot Bacon, Kitridding Farm
- Cumberland, Westmorland, Pork, or Black Pudding Sausages from Kitridding & Low Howgill Farms
- Haggis slices, (we’re part Scottish!)
- Eggs, from local poultry
- Butter from Eden View Farm
- Homemade Oat Bread (flour from Salkeld Mill)
- Tasty Tomatoes, Beans and Mushrooms
- Hash browns
- We also have vegetarian & gluten free options
- Fairtrade Tea, Coffee & Chocolate.
We request that you make your breakfast choices the evening before so we can have it hot and ready for you at your prefered time.
Breakfast in the main house for couples only staying in the Self-Catering Cottage is available at an additional charge. Access to the dining room is through an adjoining door, so you can keep your slippers on!
The Hollies has a 5 Star Hygene rating.